The New Zealand Disability Karate Association Newsletter
Welcome to the Autumn issue of the New Zealand Disability Karate Association newsletter.
The clocks have changed and the days are getting cooler. But we carry on training because the dojo is always bright and warm.
The 18th April is a very special day for the club. We turn five years old, it is our birthday. And like all 5 year olds, we are growing fast!
On the 22nd and 23rd April we will be have a stand at the Armageddon Expo.
If you are visiting the Expo it would be great to see you. Our stand is 34A.
This will be an awesome opportunity to tell people what we do and grow our karate family!
Now we are 5!
It is the club's 5th birthday! On the 18th April 2018 we opened the dojo doors for the first time. During that time 70 students have trained with us and we have run 457 classes.
On Wednesday 26th April we will have a special class celebrating our club birthday.
A massive thank you for making this club so special.
Rainbro Learns Self-defence
The text for the fourth book in the the Rainbro series is complete. And quarter of the illustrations are done. The likely publication date is May 2023, a slip of a month.
Any money made from book sales go towards running the club.
The copies in the dojo will be sold at the special price of $15, which is a saving of nine dollars.
Book five will be out in September and continues Rainbro's karate adventures.
Who has graded?
There has been one grading since our last newsletter. We have one new yellow belt and one new orange belt.
We have 9 new members, who are likely to grade to yellow belt before the next newsletter.
In our club there are now
- 13 white belts (10th kyu)
- 10 yellow belts (9th kyu)
- 8 orange belt (8th kyu)
- 4 green belts (7th kyu)
What is coming up
Our plans for the next quarter
- Publish the fouth book in the Rainbro series.
- Run our second self-defence class for the local community.
- Finish work on the new information pack for schools and local businesses.
- Review the incident response plan with club members.
- We are targeting businesses around Wellington for funding support.
- We sent our 2022 annual report to Charities Services on time.
- Begin writing the fifth book in the Rainbro series.
- Progress work on opening another dojo We are looking at Porirua.
- Remember you can invite your friends along to class.
Look out for the Winter issue and feel free to share this newsletter with your friends.
Membership is free and open to anyone who wishes to take part in the martial arts training offered by the club. All the details are on our website. www.karatedojo.nz