COVID-19: Club Response Plan
Coronaviruses are a large and diverse family of viruses which cause illnesses such as the common cold. In January 2020, officials identified a new coronavirus called novel coronavirus or COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to a range of other illnesses such as influenza and do not necessarily mean that you have COVID-19. Symptoms include fever, coughing and difficulty breathing. Difficulty breathing is a sign of possible pneumonia and requires immediate medical attention.
The authority for information on COVID-19 is the Ministry of Health. There are resources and information on their website.Ministry of Health
Self-Defence against COVID-19
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Sensei will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Sensei will provide disposable wipes, masks and hand sanitiser in class.
- Stay home if you feel unwell and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
- Call Sensei on 027 240 2717 if you feel unwell. He will let the class know that they should consider staying at home.
- Make sure your details are up to date on the website so that Sensei can contact you if we have to have to temporarily stop classes.
- You must sign in using the Contact Tracing App or record your karate training on our website. The QR code for our club will be on the desk.
- Sensei needs to check you vaccine pass befor you can train. Children below the age of 5 are exempt.
- You must wear if you are not training.
- Sensei will use a rapid antigen test (RAT) before each class. This is to keep all students safe. If the test is positive class will be cancelled.
- The club will follow any guidance or instructions from the Ministry of Health.